Friday, August 19, 2011

Better Homes and Gardens Best of Knit It


Release date:

August 29, 2011


I just got this in the mail this week from the wonderful publicity department at Wiley. As soon as I ripped open the package and sat down with the book, I was hooked.  With over 100 patterns both in knit and crochet, there is something for every level of skill and every desire. Kids sweaters, purses, coordinating pillows and bed spreads, crochet prayer shawls, stuffed animals, bath sets and more...


Looking at the directions, they are very clear and tell you exactly how many stitches you should have in a given row. There are skill levels at the onset of the project so you can gauge how you are doing. At the back of the book there are stitch guides to help you learn or relearn knit and crochet stitches. Most of the patterns are written out and not charted. For me that is a very good thing.

I want to do the Green Lace Shawl on page 99! Gorgeous!!! So is the Mohair Scarf on page 96.

This is a great book to have in any knitter or crocheters library. It is a keeper and I am so happy to have received it just in time for the holidays!




No comments:

Post a Comment