Thursday, June 30, 2011

4th of July Follow Friday!




Happy Follow Friday! Hope this finds you in the air conditioning, happily knitting or crocheting something amazing. If you are just joining us, welcome! Hope you will stay a moment and tell me what your favorite knitting or crochet book is. Have a great weekend!



 
 
Q. ACK! Your favorite book/movie character (example Hermione Granger played by the Emma chick) just walked into the room! Who is it and what would be your first reaction? You get extra points if you include visual stimulation.



Nicky Epstein is one of my favorite knitting books ever. I have made three flowers from the book Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers  and have made one from the crochet version. Both are lovely books that are treasured pieces in my library. If I ever met Nicky Epstein, I would pepper her with questions about knitting and ask her if she has an orchid pattern.


Book Blogger Hop

What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you want to stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf?

Answer:

The voice of the book has to grab me within the first few pages. The point of view, dialogue, and characters have to be there. The other thing that drives me crazy is when a book is marketed for a certain genre or age group and it doesn't fit within that category. Especially if a middle grade book is being marketed for a teen audience. That just does not work and that is the fastest way to find a book flying back onto the shelf.



14 comments:

  1. Hi & Happy Friday!

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    stopping by for the follow friday
    have a wonderfull weekend
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through....have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why I keep reading a book. It's not the story. It's not the characters. I really don't know!

    I'm hopping by to tell you that I've got a wonderful giveaway going on at my blog, Readerbuzz. It's international! During the Readerbuzz July Giveaway I'll be giving away a $25 Amazon gift card! I'd love to have you stop in and throw your name in the hat to win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I love your blog. I'm a new follower just hopping by to say hello.

    My FF: From The Shadows I Review
    Char =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These book blogger hop questions just get better and better. This one looks easy but I think it’s a trick question. We all know it’s the same answer – the writing – but we all have different perspectives of what good writing is.

    Hop on over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and read my three-prong answer as I explain why I’ll decide to pick up a book or put it down in under sixty seconds.

    Happy July 4th Weekend!

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. :) You have a cute blog. That cookie scarf looked adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Follow Friday! I'm a new follower - please check out my blog! Steph @ www.bethebooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just dropping by for the blog hop. I also like books to grab me within the first few chapters.

    Read my thoughts here: http://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/07/this-that-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually also don't like when a book is supposed to be a certain genre or age group and doesn't really fit. I review quite a few YA and middle reader books as well as adult books, and I like to put parental/sensitive reader disclaimers in so no one is taken by surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Happy Friday. I am following via Follow Friday. Love the blog. Hope to see you soon on my blog. My Life. One Story at a Time. just liked you on Facebook. Would love a like back. The little knitter is so cute. Donna

    Giveaway for Fifty Shades of Grey when you get there.
    http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I found your blog through Parajunkee's Follow Friday, and I'm your newest follower.

    Be sure to stop by Teen Fiction Centre for the latest news, reviews, and author interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I said voice too. It's hard to define it, but you feel it when you read it. I love your blog. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Follow Friday! I am a follower! Hope you will stop by http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels

    ReplyDelete