Saturday, November 27, 2010

The flower scarf is finished!

This scarf has a history. It was originally a commission piece for a young man at work. I was learning my purls, so it took me awhile to get it right. A few stops, many new starts that resulted from ripping it out at least twice, I finally got it. Or so I thought.

I ran out of yarn. The horror of it all. I searched for a match, but this color was not am easy match. By this time, the young man in question had bought a scarf at the mall, so I was on my own with this scarf from what I thought at the time was Hell.

What do I do with this thing that has taken over my life and tested my sanity for weeks. Improvise!

I found a beautiful multi toned color that a friend gave to me, and it worked out great!

Then the flowers. The first one was easy. The second, third and fourth were back in that southerly region we were discussing previously. The easiest pattern in the whole book and guess who gets a mental block. Jeez.

Well, today all the pieces finally got put together, stitched, beaded and with a great big Woo Hoo, I did the dance. You know the one I mean. I was done. Yes!!! Arm pump!

Now I have a week to knit for Christmas. Pray for me.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful scarf. And congratulations on finishing. I have a couple never-finished projects- the result of running out of yarn and not being able to find any more. I don't have a good eye for color, so I can't usually fix these kind of mistakes. I learned to overbuy.

    ReplyDelete