Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cables

So my knitting class instructor surprised me one day and told me we were going to try cables. I had always wanted to try it, but frankly it scared me to death. It looks so hard! Strangely enough, I did it! The pic to the left is my humble attempt to follow the directions. Success! My knitting teacher (Rhonda Brewer you rock!) is the best ever. So patient. I think she should be nominated for sainthood. Patron saint of freaked out knitters everywhere.

Part of the humor in this situation is she taught me to cable with a hot roller clip. You know, the metal clip that holds the roller on your head? Yep. That would be it. No cable needles for me. It worked too. Not heavy at all and you just flop the clip to the side to work the cable. Love it.

Has anyone got any other cable hints for my next project? Would love to hear them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment